This policy is last updated on as of December 5, 2013.
The Information We Collect
When you visit teq.com, you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose, and usage information collected by us as you interact with our Website.
When you register, or are registered by your organization, for the Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information, such as your name, your email address, the subject and grades that you teach (if applicable), your credentials (if applicable) and any other personal or preference information that you provide to us.
When you enter teq.com, we collect your browser type and IP address. This information is gathered for all teq.com visitors. In addition, we store certain information from your browser using "cookies." A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's computer tied to information about the user. We use session ID cookies to confirm that users are logged in. These cookies terminate once the user closes the browser. By default, we use a persistent cookie that stores your login ID (but not your password) to make it easier for you to login when you come back to teq.com. You can remove or block this cookie using the settings in your browser if you want to disable this convenience feature.
When you use a certain Service, you may set up your personal profile, send messages, perform searches and queries, and transmit information through various channels. We collect this information so that we can provide you the service and offer personalized features. When you update information, we usually keep a backup copy of the prior version for a reasonable period of time to enable reversion to the prior version of that information.
Any improper collection or misuse of information provided on teq.com is a violation of the teq.com Terms of Service and should be reported to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using teq.com, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
Teq.com does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18, or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for teq.com or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on teq.com.
Use of Information Obtained by teq.com
When you or your organization registers you with teq.com, you may create your own profile. Your profile information, as well as your name, email address and photo, are displayed to people on teq.com to whom you chose to release such information to, for example, via a comment on a resource page.
Profile information is used by teq.com primarily to be presented back to and edited by you when you access the Service and to be presented to others permitted to view that information, like the administrator of your Teq Online PD subscription.
People who see your name, however, will not be able to access your profile information unless they the administrator of your Teq Online PD subscription.
We collect and use your personal information to customize your experience on our Site, to provide you with customer service, and access to our products and services, to respond to your requests for products or services, and to make a wider range of our products and services available to you.
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
We do not provide your personal information to third party marketers without your permission. We share your information with third parties only in limited circumstances where we believe such sharing is 1) reasonably necessary to offer the service, 2) legally required or, 3) permitted by you. For example:
- You must be 18 years or older to use this Service.
- We may provide information to service providers to help us bring you the services we offer. Specifically, we may use third parties to facilitate our business, such as to host the service at a co-location facility for servers, to send out email updates about teq.com, to remove repetitive information from our user lists, to process payments for products or services, or to provide search results or links (including sponsored links). In connection with these offerings and business operations, our service providers may have access to your personal information for use for a limited time in connection with these business activities. Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any personal information, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the teq.com-specified purposes.
- We may use and distribute statistics based on your usage and other data and information as aggregated with our other users’ data for marketing and other purposes.
- We may be required to disclose user information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We do not reveal information until we have a good faith belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the teq.com service or using the teq.com name, or to prevent imminent bodily harm. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
- When you use certain Services, the information you post or share with third parties, such as personal information, comments, messages, photos, videos or other information, may be shared with other users with whom you choose to interact. All such sharing of information is done at your own risk. Please keep in mind that if you disclose personal information in your profile or when posting comments, messages, or other items, this information may become publicly available.
Teq.com may use information in your profile without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as aggregating how many people in a group have a particular set of skills or experience, and personalizing marketing and promotions.
Changing or Removing Information
Access and control over most personal information on teq.com is readily available through the profile editing tools. teq.com users may modify or delete any of their profile information at any time by logging into their account. Information will be updated immediately. Individuals who wish to deactivate their teq.com account may do so on the profile page. Removed information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time but will not be generally available to members of teq.com.
Where you make use of the communication features of the service to share information with other individuals on teq.com, however, you generally cannot remove such communications.
Teq.com takes appropriate precautions to protect our users' information. Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number or your password), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). (To learn more about SSL, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Sockets_Layer). Because email and instant messaging are not recognized as secure communications, we request that you not send private information to us by email or instant messaging services. If you have any questions about the security of teq.com Web Site, please contact us at email@example.com.